Thursday, June 26, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Training Status Style

What was I doing in 2012 that made me hate cycling so much? 

...Okay I've never officially hated cycling...for more than a week at least. But looking back, it's not hard to tell that the motivational aspect in training spiraled down for a good period of time in 2012.

Now that it's June, it is a good time to reflect on my current annual volume. I should probably mention that it's a pseudo annual volume since I don't follow calendar years when it comes to the periodical training numbers, but it's still a good way for me to see the relativity to past years. 

What I found when comparing my numbers was that I had just surpasses my 2012 volume. I can't believe how short my months were. November's volume is practically a weeks worth, and October is looking awkward with the 3 hours over there. July and December is reasonable because of my trips to the Philippines. 


But what I got from seeing this was that I didn't really take cycling serious, and that's because I didn't have well-defined goals. So if there's one thing I'm really glad about, it's that I didn't continue my non-directional cycling habit--nor did I quit. I realized my mistake(s) and now I'm surpassing myself!


No goals = nowhere.

Apart from cycling, my main goal right now is to graduate college on time, which is supposed to be next Spring. I've been filling up my class schedules with many units, and have been taking summer classes. This summer I'm taking a Human Physiology Lab, as well as a Human Anatomy Course & Lab, which are really demanding. But I'm doing whatever it takes to graduate on time because that's my goal. And graduating on time is something that needs to be done in order for me to achieve an even higher goal. (Goals need to be flexible, so of course I always have potential events in mind that would require me to adapt to such changes.)


With that said I'll briefly say that I can still maintain an adequate training volume. Monitoring performance from power data really helps--I can see the effects of my off-days on the two days I have school for 7.5 hours and adjust accordingly. 

Right now I have high fitness relative to my past and low fatigue. With no races available, I'll be able to use this form to do challenging, high quality workouts!

- DB















No comments:

Post a Comment