Sunday, June 23, 2013

Red Kite Criterium Tri-Valley E3/4 (6/15/13)

I'm making this one quick because I forgot to do it and I just want to jump into my Burlingame Crit report. I raced with a handful of Leopard-Sapporo members including some of the 3's which was a very humbling experience. The pace wasn't bad at all--in fact I was getting kind of bored especially since I was in the back. So I moved up and at one point one teammate was in a break so I took hold of the front to set a false tempo for about 200m but other people quickly went around me. Well, it's good to know that people work because nobody worked in the last few E4 Crits I've raced.

Other than that it was pretty much uneventful but one of the sketchiest races I've done. People were taking all kinds of different shapes through the corners and unfortunately one of my teammates got caught up in a crash.

On the last lap I was feeling ready for the sprint so I moved up but even though I was able to get at the front, I was poorly positioned and couldn't move up in the final surge. Another rider almost took me out when he swerved as was literally centimeters from swiping my front wheel.

I decided to just keep it safe so I rolled in mid pack. I placed 37th/70 overall and 19th in the E4.

I know I wanted to save my energy for the sprint but I couldn't contest it so I had no idea if I'd be able to contest the sprint at Burlingame.

No comments:

Post a Comment