Tuesday, January 14, 2014

2014 Training Preview

I am just so excited for 2014!!! I started the year with a good note from San Bruno Mountain's race AND I'm rolling in from my best and most productive season yet.

Another reason why I'm excited for 2014 is because I've consistently nearly finished my three periods of base miles, so I'm ready to do harder workouts. Why so early though? The main reason is because collegiate races occur early in the racing season and I want to be nearly fit for most of them. My first Collegiate race actually happens in the third week of my first build period, so I think I'll have some fitness for it!

Of course, psychologically, I need to treat those early races as workouts and I've noticed that I've become very good at that, so when I structure the training weeks that contains these collegiate race weekends, I will be very aware to wrap my workouts around the intensity of the race days.

I don't really want to give it straight up away, but in terms of my first peak, my training is currently revolving around a certain important race from the Collegiate Conference, a certain important race which I surprisingly did very well in last year, and a certain race that happens to fall within the same consecutive 3-weeks as the first two weeks. Ssssshhhhh......

After my first peak I'm planning on going base mile mode for a few weeks then starting over again to lead into a second peak for a late season race that I really love!

After that it'll be off-season and if everything goes right, I should have almost 85%-90% of my training hours complete and I'll be ready to increase it yet again. I definitely cannot wait!!!

Good luck to your 2014 riding/racing season!

--DB


“Not a visible enthusiasm but a hidden one, an excitement burning with a cold flame.” 
― Patrick SüskindPerfume: The Story of a Murderer

No comments:

Post a Comment