Tuesday, June 15, 2010

San Bruno Hill Climb Race Report

(This was form January 2010)

After all the anticipation building up, i finally let it out at the 2010 San Bruno Mountain Hill Climb. The course 3.5 Miles of pure climbing. That means no flats or no Descents, although there was ONE dip but it wasn’t significant to recover.

I met up with my biking partner Ken and we drove to the event. We registered and warmed up on our respective trainers. I was happy to be warm enough to take off both my arm and leg warmers, wearing nothing but Spandex Shorts and My Biking Jersey.

The race was starting. The start was organized into the seperate categories of racing. I believe the Juniors were the 4th group to start. When we started i was so excited, and that rush of excitment motivated me.

The very start of the race is a lengthy climb, i practiced and discliplined myself to not climb it fast in order to save energy for the rest of the course, that being said, i was now a part of a small peloton group which was forming and i started to draft the end.

A gap was forming between the lead group and I, and i was focusing to stay behind one rider who was from team Davis Cycling club. There was a gap between me and him and with a lot of effort i was able to close it. It was getting very hot and i was now at the actual mountain. There was lots of cheering and motivation, and in the end i was content with my effort.

The results are not up yet, however i believe i placed in the top 10 with a time of under 19 minutes, hopefully.

The race was a great experience, and it was a great way to start the new year. I can’t wait for my next one, which is the Early Bird Road Race on January 23 in Fremont.

Happy New Year everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment