Sunday, September 12, 2010

September 6 - September 12 Training

With Mt. Tamalpais being (now) less than a week away, I have two more days where I need to go very intense in order to prepare myself for the racing intensity again, especially because this is a climbing race. I'll be racing with other Juniors, and because this isn't a criterium, I'm expecting a median place, or the top 50%. If it was a criterium, I would probably be dead last.

So I did a typical 6 week, easy hard pattern day. Monday and Saturday I did Over Unders on San Bruno Mountian's Radio Road. Monday was wet, but Saturday was pretty nice. I noticed that my Lactate Tolerance is very low, meaning when I go hard, my leg fatigues pretty fast. I don't remember being like this before, so I'm assuming I'm out of shape, but tomorrow when I continue the intervals I'm hoping to see a little change, because there's a possibility I could've just been tired or something. On Thursday I did an anaerobic workout in which I did my typical South San Francisco-Brisbane-SSF-Daly City loop, but 3 minutes all-out 5 minutes recovery. I really don't want to overtrain for a race that's not too important (but important enough for me since it's a climbing event). All recovery days were just normal rides in which I looked around. I also want to express my sorrow for those victims of the San Bruno Gas Line fire. I rode around the area a bit, and just thinking about it was very emotional.

On Sunday, i rode to my LBS to get my headset adjusted, and to buy a spare inner tube. Unfortunately, Chance got a flat tire so we rode to Sports Basement, and then Mario, Nolan, and I got picked up by Mario's parents since it was too late to ride home. (6:30pm) This week should be similar, with Mt. Tam at the end of the week. I'm also going to skip Friday to wash my bike or hang out with my friends.

Total Distance: 163.57 miles
Total Ride Time: 11:37:55
Total Elapsed: 13:00:00

No comments:

Post a Comment