Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Little Update

I'm mentally preparing for the first WCCC NorCal race this weekend hosted by UCSC, so I thought I'd pop this open and take it for a spin to get the gears in my head rolling. Wow where the heck did that come from?

I'm happy to say that from the time I last posted (a day before school started) to the present day, I am still consistent and motivated! Actually, I'm beginning to lose count of the weeks I've completed all workouts, but I believe this is the 13th week. Anyways, I'm feeling good but unfortunately UCSC's race is not an A race so I'm looking forward to some pure fun regardless of placing...and a good workout! However, I don't think it hurts to aim for some Cat3 upgrade points. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I've been balancing training and studying pretty well. The only downside is that I haven't seen any of my non-cyclists friends. It seems they're busy too, so I guess it's okay to not fix what isn't broken haha! Anyways, I'm juggling 19 units with my training, but my training plan was perfected to get around that!

It's getting harder to get into the higher heart rate zones, which is a flaw when your fitness increases and you're stuck without a power meter, but some times ignore HR and just go with my RPE. However, using both HR and RPE is pretty valuable and I feel like I'm still making gains.

Anyways that's all for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment