Sunday, August 29, 2010

August 23 - 29 Riding

(Click the picture to view full size)

This week was an example of how school is going to limit my cycling time. It's not only the academics, but the social life too because Friday I was set to do a 40 mile ride, but we had a school rally, and I was just so pumped that I didn't really feel like biking so I went to Wingstop (Chicken Wings restaurant) with 3 other friends, but at least I had fuel for Saturday's ride. But anyways, I do have a weekly minimum of 9 hours so I'm good, but by 5 minutes...

Alright so on Monday it was close to 85 degrees...in South San Francisco! So Kenneth and I biked around South San Francisco, Westborough and Hickey--> El Camino Real, to be exact. It was a fast paced ride and we had some shade for 1/3 of the loop we did. On Tuesday it was even hotter, so I did homework and then rode at around 5:45 and it was great, nice and breezy. I stayed around South San Francisco, around Mission Rd and Chestnut and Commercial and Orange Park. Saturday I did an easy Solo Ride to Woodside, and did a sort of time trial effort, but it was pretty easy and fun. Then Sunday, I did the same route but turned around on the first mile of Canada road to meet up with Mario, Kenneth, Nolan, and Chance, and we rode together back to South San Francisco. Going to Canada, I maintained 19mph for my average speed, the fastest ever, which is the reason I considered it an Intense ride. Plus it was hot!

Total Distance: 142.24 Miles
Total Ride Time: 9:05:23
Total Elapsed Time: 10:00:00

No comments:

Post a Comment