Sunday, January 23, 2011

January 17 - January 23 Training


(CLICK to see it enlarged)

So this was the 2nd week in Base 2, but not much progress has been made. For instance, my Tempo workouts are still at 25 minutes. By the end of Base 2, (2 Weeks) I'm planning for 45-50 minutes in Tempo, and by the end of Base 3, a little more than an hour in Tempo. That being said, I have to make sure my progress is consistent by not overloading but planning well.

This week went well because of the weather. It was dry and clear for the whole week with temperatures reaching up to 76 degrees in some parts during the weekend. Most of my rides during the weekdays were just regular Aerobic Endurance rides because on Sunday I really wasn't sure If I can manage 14:30 hours with Aerobic, Speed Skills, and Tempo workouts so I put Aerobic workouts in the weekdays as well as multiple Speed Skills (mostly Max Cadence) workouts. Then the weekends were just long Aerobic Endurance Rides, ending the week with a 25min Tempo Cruise.

Speaking about Speed Skills, I'm really happy with the way my pedaling economy has been turning out. I've been riding flats and some downslopes with a cadence of about 100-115 RPM or even more. I also find my climbing cadence to be around 90-100 RPM when I'm not going too easy.

Kenneth and I also officially began our Senior Project by being Mentored for about an hour by our mentor, (Mr.) Raymond Gildea. He gave us a whole bunch of information, some I knew, some I didn't, to get us to think about training. Along with that, we also bumped into (Mr.) Clark Natwick who coaches the PenVelo Performance team, where we got additional information.

If you really want to know, our Senior Project is about Cycling For Awareness and for me, my report will be about how Cyclist's spread Awareness for Various Issues, mostly Health Issues. My argument will be that it is an effective way of spreading awareness and I'm also going to talk about Lance Armstrong and his incident with Team Radioshack and the Tour de France last July. For volunteering, I plan to help out at the "Beat the Clock to Beat Cancer" low-Key time trial series.

That's about all. I didn't really have a low point of the week, except having to take Friday off, but I'm actually glad I got to spend time with friends and I don't regret it at all. My high-point was Thursday when I was doing my Speed Skills workout and I was impressed at how my pedaling technique improved.

Total Distance: 198.86 Miles
Total Time: 13:43:34

No comments:

Post a Comment