Sunday, January 30, 2011

January 24 - January 30 Training


(Click the image to view it full size)

This was week 8 of the training year. This upcoming week is the last week of Base 2. I have 6 more weeks until the whole Base period ends. I also have races the following next two weeks, both of which are "C" priority races.

This week started off alright. I skipped Tuesday's ride to hang out with friends, I actually don't regret it because towards the end of the week my body was so fatigued. On Wednesday I did a tempo ride for 30mintues at Canada Road since we had school off. Thursday was a regular Aerobic Ride, followed by a recovery ride on Friday. Saturday I opted to do the PenVelo ride. I joined Milaud and Alex, and also Alberto who drove all the way from the East Bay! Towards the middle of the ride, I started to feel very tired. I don't know if it was a physical response, or just my mental response telling me that I shouldn't be going so hard at this time of the year, whatever the cause, I wasn't riding as strong as I usually do. I actually regret going on, and I wish I could've stayed with Milaud and ride back, but I felt that I needed to stay because Alberto drove all the way from the East Bay, and Alex was on his new bike. And in the end, I got dropped on Canada Road after the 280 underpass, arriving ~10 mintues after. But Alex, Alberto and I had a nice chat about cycling in the end. And then on Sunday, I did a super easy ride, but I still had lots of fatigue.

I only ended up missing this week's hours by 1:26:00, which isn't bad since I skipped Tuesday.

Ronde Van Brisbeen is on Saturday, and I don't want to feel too fatigued again, so I'm going to only do 1 Tempo Ride @ 40minutes, and take the rest of the week easy.

Total Time: 11:04:40 hours
Total Distance: 169.32 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment