Sunday, January 9, 2011

January 3 - January 9 : Recovery Week


(Click the picture to view full size)

In order to try to avoid burnout in the Fall, I've reserved every fourth (consecutive) week of the year as a recovery week, where all I do that week is recovery rides and one or two Aerobic rides.

Honestly, I'm not so into recovery rides when I know I don't need them, but I'm playing it safe. They're really boring and slow and it also affect how I ride in traffic. But anyways, this week was the first recovery week of the (training) year. It went well, I did two Aerobic Rides and two extremely boring recovery rides.

The two Aerobic rides were group/partner rides. Monday I rode with Alex and Nolan, while Saturday I rode with Kenneth. On Saturday, both Kenneth and I were rushing to catch up to the PenVelo ride, which resulted in a lack of breakfast aka energy. We were a bit sluggish and we didn't feel to great on the bike because of that, but that happens to everyone!

The recovery rides I don't need to go into too much, I just rode around South San Francisco for an hour or so, and rode the network of flat roads between the cemeteries, Orange Park and San Bruno.

You can find all the GPS data/GarminConnect data of the current month right here

http://connect.garmin.com/explore?owner=dominicbati#owner=dominicbati&sortField=relevance&currentPage=1

Total Distance: 141.82miles
Total Time: 10:08:01

No comments:

Post a Comment